Ah, can you feel it? That cool breeze that just won't let up. Your nose is froze. Your fingers are as cold as icicles. Where did fall go? We went from summer to fall back to summer a couple of weeks ago and now it's feeling like winter.
I think Walmart is confused as well. While grocery shopping this morning, in my turtle neck and sweater... Christmas music was being played, very loudly, in the aisles. Why rush Christmas? Are they thinking that if they play the music now, that more people will want to start spending money on gifts? Start early so that they spend more than they can afford for the next month and a half?
Let's get through Thanksgiving first please! A time for lots of laughter, football and more than enough food for everyone. I see this as a time to thank God for all that he has blessed us with. Our families, our health and good fortune. Kind of like a cleansing of our souls before celebrating the birth of Jesus.
I look forward to spending Thanksgiving day with my family and catching up on what's been going on with those I haven't talked to for a long time. Once Friday comes, then we can sing and dance to all of the Christmas tunes til we can't sing and dance no more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's freezing here, literally! No Christmas music being played on the stations here, yet...although Christmas music is actually some of my absolute favorite! :)
I will say that if it's going to be THIS cold, I just wish it'd snow! Otherwise it's just nothing but miserable!!
LOL I didn't think anyone visited my blog... thought I was writing to myself :)
Sounds like you better start bundling up early... I agree with you completely about the cold ~ just snow already and dump it!
Hey girl. Haven't talked to you in ages. Ran across your blog on Christy's...love it. Hope you are doing well...miss you!
Post a Comment