Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nathan is ONE!



Pictures: Nathan a couple of days old, on his birthday and digging into his cake.
It's so incredibly hard to believe that our little baby has turned one. Not that I want to stop time, I just wanted the infant stage to last a little longer this time around.

The day was filled with balloons, decorations and a train cake that I had made for him. I think it's safe to say that he enjoyed every bit of it! I made a special t-shirt for him as well that he'll be able to have as a keepsake.

At this time, it appears as though Nathan is going to save walking for a later date ~ I'm just fine with that because he gets along just fine by crawling or cruising the furniture and walls, tables, chairs, toys... anything he can prop himself up on. Our kitchen is an open playground for him and I've had to rearrange a few cabinets to meet his curious needs. It's not uncommon to see tupperware scattered on the floor. What we're most happy about is his vocabulary and how much he tries to immitate sounds and words that we use. Just the other day, I sneezed and he said "a-ch". Brian said ouch the other night and Nathan followed with "ouch". It's getting to the point that I'll have to start writing down the words he says or attempts to say because he's saying so much. But wouldn't you know it... the one important word that he's still foggy on... MAMA! He JUST started saying it, thanks to Brian, and is oblivious as to who "Mama" is. In fact, that same night he started to really say it, we were also teaching him "more", so now we don't know if he's saying "mama" or "more". It's craziness! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. We're all having a blast with Nathan and are so thankful to God for having him in our awesome family.

No comments: